How about watching Rai channels or Mediaset on-demand while traveling outside Italy? Yes, it is possible by getting access to an Italian IP address. Take a look below at the various options.
Ghostsurf Pro - box pack - 1 user overview and full product specs on CNET. VPN software, security - data encryption, security - desktop antivirus, security - intrusion and vulnerability. XB Browser is built based on Firefox web browser. It also includes xB Mail, a secure email client that encrypt e-mail messages with GPG encryption and support anonymous messaging, and xB VPN which is the core software for channeling all your internet traffic through XeroBank. GhostSurf Platinum: all the tools you need to be invisible and to protect yourself online! GhostSurf Platinum: Compatibility. GhostSurf Platinum works with Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 or XP. GhostSurf Platinum: Take a Virtual Tour. To see GhostSurf Platinum in action, click here (opens a new Browser Window). GhostSurf Platinum: Download. Nov 14, 2020 GhostSurf provides a secure and anonymous Internet connection. 3.5 (6 votes) 184.108.40.206 Tenebril Inc. Top VPN clients 2020 at best prices.Table of Contents
What is an Italian IP address?
Firstly, an Italian IP address is assigned to an ISP or hosting provider that provides Internet services in Italy. The most common Italian IPs have the following format:
- 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 (Vodafone Omnitel)
- 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (Fastweb SpA)
- 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 (Telecom Italia Mobile)
- 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 (Vodafone Omnitel)
- 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (Vodafone Omnitel)
Are you interested in finding more info regarding the Italy IP blocks? Check this post.
3 Ways to get an Italian IP address
1. Use a VPN service
The best option to get an IP from Italy and unblock restricted websites is by using a VPN service. Such a service allows you to browse securely and privately as the connection is encrypted.
However, VPNs with Italian servers are not free, but they are quite affordable. Most of them are regularly running promotions, and you can get an account for less than $2/month.
Further, my advice is to choose one of the following top VPN services that offer Italian IP addresses (Italian VPN): ExpressVPN, PureVPN, HideMyAss VPN, ibVPN (read our complete ibVPN review), and NordVPN. If you know others, please share them in the comments.
Are you not happy with the VPN speed? Learn about the things that may impact your VPN connection.
2. Use Web Proxies
A free method to get an Italian IP while browsing the Internet is by using web proxies. They are a handy solution, but it is not suitable for online streaming as they are usually too slow and unreliable. To use such a web proxy simply visit the proxy site, type in the desired URL and press the Go or Submit button. Thus, the site is loaded from the IP of the proxy server, not from your IP address.
One such an Italian web proxy is
Teleport. If you know more feel free to share them in the comments below.
But, before using web proxies make sure you read: Risks of using a proxy site.
3. Manually change to Italian IP using paid or open proxies
The third option: open or paid proxies. They are usually more stable and generally faster than web proxies. But, you may need to pay attention to your privacy. DO NOT enter your credit card details or other sensitive info while browsing using open proxies.
You may find proxies with Italian IP addresses on XRoxy. After you choose one, you need to set up your browser to use that Italian proxy server. Take for example 188.8.131.52:2016 and configure your browser to use it when you connect to the internet.
Next, if you don’t know how to change your IP manually you should check these posts:
- Google Chrome – How To Hide Your IP While Browsing Using Google Chrome
- Firefox: How To Manually Hide Your IP
- Microsoft Edge – How to Setup a Proxy for Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer – How To Manually Hide Your IP Using Internet Explorer
- Safari – How To Manually Mask Your IP Using Safari
Italian Channels That You Can Unblock
Finally, here is a list of all the Italian channels that you can watch live outside Italy with a VPN or proxies:
- Rai 1, Rai 2, Rai 3, Rai 4, Rai 5, Rai Movie, Rai Premium, Rai Gulp, Rai Yoyo, Rai Storia, Rai Scuola, Rai News, Rai Sport
- Canale 5, Italia 1, Italia 2, Rete 4, La 5
- Mediaset, Premium Play
To conclude, there are several options when you need to change your IP address to one from Italy. I strongly recommend VPN services but you may also try web proxies or open proxies.Close
Ghostsurf Vpn Network
GhostSurf is a tool that provides an anonymous Internet connection to let you surf the Web invisibly. It does not only hide your IP address but also erases all of your Internet tracks, items such as your Web history, cache, clipboard, and cookies.
- Surf Anonymously – An intuitive slider bar allows you choose your privacy settings.
- Prevent Identity Theft – GhostSurf masks your IP and keeps you invisible on the Internet. An IP address can convey a lot of information about you, even who you are and where you live.
- Encrypt Your Data – Three levels of private surfing allow you to control what information leaves your computer and who gets to see it. At the highest level, browsing is fully-encrypted-your surfing is completely invisible no matter where you go on the Web.
- Erase Your Tracks – GhostSurf removes items like Web history, cache, clipboard, and cookies. You can also customize GhostSurf to clear instant messaging logs, playlist and history from multimedia applications, even online search history.
How to use GhostSurf
How to use GhostSurf
Firstly, download GhostSurf and install it on your computer. The installation process is very simple, so you probably won’t encounter any problems. Then you will be invited to take a tour of the product. I advise you to do that.
Then the main window will be shown and you be able to choose between four levels of anonymity:
- Normal– Your anonymity is not protected.
- Anonymous – Cookies are blocked. Websites can’t track you.
- Invisible – Cookies are blocked, and your data is routed through anonymous hubs (hiding your IP address)
- Secure – Cookies and your IP are blocked, and all data is encrypted to prevent spying.
To ensure your anonymity I suggest using Invisible or Secure mode. In order to check your IP address is hidden go to XMyIP.com. It should show an IP address of the form 66.139.*.*, which is a US IP address.
- It hides your IP address in one click (Select Invisible or Secure)
- Easy to use interface, suitable for beginners
- It provides several levels of anonymity
- It includes delete browser history and deletes cookies features
- It supports instant messengers, newsgroups feeds and popular chat programs
- It has a long trial period (15 days)
- You have to manually set up your browser if you are using another browser than Internet Explorer
- The proxy or proxies are from the US only (you can not change the country or the proxy location)
- The proxy is already banned by several sites
- Not very suitable for advanced users. For example, you can not choose the proxy to use or add your own proxy.
I have my reserves regarding GhostSurf as it seems that was not updated for several years (the latest version dates from 2005) and also the proxy that it is used is banned/blocked by several sites, but I think GhostSurf may be a useful tool to browse anonymously and ensure your privacy.
GhostSurf is available for $29.95 (1 Year Service) or $49.90 (2 Years Service).
Ghostsurf Vpn Extension
P.S. If GhostSurf does not work for you, then check a VPN service like HideMyAss, ibVPN, PureVPN, NordVPN or ExpressVPN.