It’s a made-for-PS5, Sony-built bit of kit, and will likely offer the most seamless way to get your videos made, shared, and edited within the PlayStation 5 console’s interface itself.
I had released the first public version of PS4EYECam driver. You can get full information in my PS4EYECam repository
It is the first public driver for PlayStation 4 Camera licensed under gpl. I have free afternoons availables if someone is interested to offer me a partial job :P Enjoy and remember the best is yet to come....
I tried just plugging it in and letting Windows find the drivers. Something installed, but when I went to the camera app, the PC couldn't find a camera. I did some googling and found the drivers from CL. I installed those, and got it working on Discord and through the CL-Eye Test program, but couldn't get it going for Zoom or Skype. How to Use Your Sony Camera as a Webcam Before you get started, you must download Sony’s new “Imaging Edge Webcam” software from its official website after selecting your camera model. So now that you’re all set up, follow the steps below to use your Sony camera as a webcam to get crystal clear video quality on your next Zoom or Skype call.
What is PS4EYECam?
- PS4EYECam is a Sony PlayStation 4 Camera driver implementation reference.
- The driver is using libusb to handle USB communications.
- Part of code was based on PS3EYEDriver.
- Payload parsing stuff parts from Linux kernel source(gspca).
- UVC video control from libuvc.
- Boot and initialization from dumped PlayStation 4 Camera firmware ps4eye.
- Other parts and research based on my experience adding support for different usb devices for Sony PlayStation 2 and Sony PlayStation 3 consoles (ps2eyetoy.irx,ps2mic.irx,ps3kinect.sprx,etc)
- PS4EYECam is a USB 3 device and it is using libusb so it can be ported to all platforms supported by libusb and with USB 3 controllers.
- Implementation reference was done in OSX Mavericks and i only tested it on this platform.
- Identify uknown1, unknown2 and unknown3 formats
- Identify correct format to depth frame. Sample only use threshold values to display results in rgb
- Port driver to other platforms (linux , windows, ...)
- Cinder is only supported by osx and windows. An openframework sample can be done easily and it is multiplatform
- Fix, improve , incorporate new features
- If someone has ov580 datasheet contact with me please
- You can follow and contact me on twitter @psxdev
- Github: https://github.com/bigboss-ps3dev/PS4EYECam/
PSX-Place: The Place for PlayStation News!!!
Ps Eye As Webcam
Together, PlayStation Eye and PlayStation Move have changed the complete dynamics of console gaming. People always had an issue with gaming consoles as they physically just harm you. But, with these PS accessories, you can actually involve yourself physically in the game. Now, if you want to use the PlayStation Eye as webcam on Windows, then here is the way. Yes, you read that right. You can actually use PlayStation Eye on PC.
Use PlayStation Eye As Webcam On Windows
To start with, you need to download the drivers file which would actually let you use PS Eye on PC. SO, download CL-EYE platform file on to your computer.
Once you download the above file, install it on your computer. The driver would automatically detect the operating system, so there is no extra efforts that you need to put in.
Once its done, connect PS Eye to your computer and run the program that you have installed in the above step named, CL-Eye Test which could be found in the Programs Menu under Start Menu.
Playstation Eye Camera As Webcam
Now you could see the PS Eye working as a normal webcam on your computer. You can try any of the chat clients like MSN, Skype, Yahoo Messenger, ChatRoulette.
Playstation Move Camera As Webcam